Mailchimp is adding full e-commerce capabilities into its marketing platform with the launch of two new tools: Stores and Appointments.
The new tools are designed to help entrepreneurs and small business owners digitize their businesses.
Stores allow merchants and small business owners to recreate brick and mortar retail experience through an e-commerce platform — all while using Mailchimp’s marketing features like automations, email, and more.
Appointments allow businesses to offer service bookings online and integrates with websites, email marketing, and calendars to make scheduling easy, the company says.
More from MailChimp:
“With a proliferation of marketing technology tools available to entrepreneurs and small businesses, it can be difficult to know where to start and setting up an e-commerce website is one piece of the puzzle.
“Mailchimp Stores and Appointments will bring the data and tools SMBs need into a single platform so that businesses can sell online and market to their customers more effectively.
“With a Websites and Commerce plan, merchants can manage services bookings or create, launch and market their online store for free. Customers are only charged when they make a sale.”
Mailchimp’s new Websites & Commerce plans will have three tiers when it launches to all US and UK customers on May 18:
- Build a website with access to unlimited bandwidth/pages, basic SEO tools and Google Analytics to track website engagement
- Set up and sell from an online store and get access to features like product catalog and order management, taxes and shipping configurations to manage the operational side of your e-commerce business
- Access basic online scheduling functionality with Appointments, allowing clients to book appointments online with automated confirmation emails
- Only pay after a sale you make a sale at a 2% per order transaction fee
- Stores and Appointments features listed in the Free plan plus:
- Remove Mailchimp branding from your online store and transactional emails and easily connect an existing custom domain – making your customer’s experience with your brand consistent and unique
- When selecting this plan, you also unlock 24/7 access to email and chat support so you can conveniently connect with an agent directly at any time
- 1.5% transaction fee
- Stores and Appointments listed in the Free and Core plans plus:
- Transaction fee per order only 0.5%